Food Writers NZ is for all food communicators.
We’d love you to join us!
Food Writers NZ is New Zealand’s organisation for all professional food and beverage communicators, offering professional development, networking, support and collaboration opportunities to anyone involved in the wonderful world of food and beverage.
We were founded in 1988 as the NZ Guild of Food Writers, to promote high professional standards among food journalists and others involved in the presenting, promoting or illustrating the specialist areas of food and beverage, and to assist in the development of networks between professionals in the food industry.
Today our membership includes people involved in all aspects of food communication: authors, newspaper and magazine journalists, TV and radio broadcasters, bloggers, restaurant reviewers, chefs, food editors, recipe developers, product developers, food lecturers, food stylists, food photographers, researchers, home economists, nutritionists, dietitians, wine and drink experts.
Our collective knowledge about everything food and drink includes specialist knowledge on topics such as food history, the politics of food, food safety, food and travel, healthy eating, children’s cooking, baking, preserving and slow cooking.
Benefits of membership
- Access to Food Writers NZ digital publication – Digest
- Connection with other food communicators through the private members Face Book group
- Opportunity to connect with Corporate Members
- Networking opportunities at on-line and in-person events
- Discounted professional development opportunities
- The Food Writers NZ Annual Conference
To join, fill in the membership form here.